[vlc-devel] Devs' informal meeting at FOSDEM

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Feb 9 17:40:12 CET 2011

Le mercredi 9 février 2011 18:23:56 Ilkka Ollakka, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 12:18:47PM +0100, Jean-Philippe André wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > * Win/fontconfig:
> >   - We need a runtime option to deactivate fontconfig.
>
>  Isn't this basicly same as deactivate 'show video title on start of a
>  play' option for most of the win-users ?

> >   - How does Qt deal with fonts?
>
>  Uses freetype in linux and win32 backend in windows to query fonts
>  iirc.

-iirc

Gildas wrote equivalent VLC support (win32text.c) already a long time ago and
I believe the WinCE port still uses. However, it does not support HTML
rendering as HTML parsing is hard-coded into the FreeType plugin... and copy-
paste into the QuartzText plugin, just to make sure that bug fixes are a mess.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis