[vlc-devel] [patch] www.videolan.org / suse download page

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Sat Feb 19 16:28:37 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

Suse is rapidly approaching the 11.4 release and I already prepared the
repositories for VLC for that upcoming release.

Now all that's left is to show on our download page that it's
possible...

Like in the past, there is a 1-click-installer available. Thus the
simplicity we had in the past, paired with the new release of openSUSE.

As 11.0 has been out of support for a while (and none of the current
build still really 'just work') I decided to drop the 'option' from the
download page as well. Even 11.1 is no longer maintained by the openSUSE
project, but as far as I know there is still a rather large user base.
That's why I keep them on for a moment... until maintaining them will
become a pain.

Thanks for submitting the patch (or letting me know if I did something
completely wrong).

Dominique / DimStar