[vlc-devel] Crash in ThreadDisplayRenderPicture

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Wed Jan 5 21:43:57 CET 2011

On 01/05/2011 07:34 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le mardi 4 janvier 2011 23:34:40 Juha Jeronen, vous avez écrit :
>
>> I don't know if the warning is a good idea in the long run, but I think
>> the check is required.
>>
> Yeah. It even seems a little bit more complicated/buggy. Is it fixed now?

Now as in today's git?

Yes. The crash is fixed.

The only remaining problem related to this is that sometimes, when
pausing, the pause symbol won't appear. Based on comparing the behavior
of today's git and my own fix, I think this occurs exactly under those
circumstances that used to trigger the crash. Thus, it's unavoidable
unless the root cause for the empty display pool can be found.

Thanks for fixing the crash properly :)

  -J