[vlc-devel] Soft field repeat?

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Thu Jan 6 12:53:32 CET 2011

Correction - now I'm getting a stream of 2s and 3s. It seems the info
gets passed correctly after all.

And the PTS diffs are very unreliable - during normal operation, they
still vary between 16 and 66 ms (in steps of 16 ms) even though the
number of fields is always 2 or 3.

I'm still getting some stutter, but the output is a bit smoother now. I
suspect the rest is because of the timestamps. Not sure what could be
done with that - some discs give a smooth stream of 33 ms, but some do
things like this.

I guess I'd need to look into how the core computes the PTS...

  -J