[vlc-devel] 24-bit PCM RTP audio and other RFC 3190 formats

Maciej Szlapka maciej at axiaaudio.com
Fri Jan 7 21:03:22 CET 2011

Rémi,

Thank you very much for your response. L24 is format I need. I tried today
nightly build, but had no success opening my .sdp file. Is there anything
I can do to help with the testing?

Is there a way to see version of the plugins? I see liblive555_plugin.dll
in plugins\demux, but I am not sure if this is >= 2011.01.06 or not.

I have also downloaded the latest source code snapshot. In
"vlc-1.1.6\modules\demux\live555.cpp" I see branches for L8 and L16, but
no for L24.

Error I am getting is:
VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///......../1511.sdp' cannot be detected. Have a look
at the log for details.

I searched my computer for vlc-log.txt, but could not find it.

My test .sdp file (1511.sdp):
v=0
o=Node 1 1 IN IP4 172.16.235.155
s=TestSine
t=0 0
a=type:multicast
c=IN IP4 239.192.6.15
m=audio 5004 RTP/AVP 97
a=rtpmap:97 L24/48000/2

If I replace L24 with L16, VLC Player accepts the file and plays noise.

Best regards,

Maciej