[vlc-devel] [GCI] last.fm access module

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Jan 15 20:32:56 CET 2011

Le samedi 15 janvier 2011 16:19:33 Jakub Wieczorek, vous avez écrit :
> From http://www.last.fm/api/tos:

As far as I understand, these terms apply to using Lastfm. I am more concerned
about the terms for distributing software that use Lastfm, and it is not clear
enough for my non-lawyer self.

Then it's similar to the case of Shoutcast and of some LUA playlist parser.
Personally, I am against code that forces the user to violate terms of
service. But I feel the VideoLAN association has a different policy: while
Shoutcast is gone, I believe some unauthorized LUA website parsers are still
present.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis