[vlc-devel] YUVP to YUVA converter issue? (DVD highlights problem)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jan 17 16:06:13 CET 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:37:11 +0200, Kaarlo Räihä <kaarlo.raiha at gmail.com>
wrote:
> The issue seems to be related to handling of U and V planes (lines
> 121-137).
> I didn't find out how YUVP->YUVA conversion should be done (is YUVP same
> as Y0U0Y1V0?), so I don't know how to fix it.

Not at all. As far as I understand, YUVP is a palette chroma.
In concrete terms, pixel values represent the index of the corresponding
color in a table, the palette. The table is passed out-of-band; in VLC, it
should be found in the video format descriptor.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis