[vlc-devel] Arggh! I fucked up. LIVE555 breaks VLC 1.1.6

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 24 14:03:05 CET 2011

> >By the way the way we use the asynchronous interface is totally broken,
> >requests and responses are not even processed in order.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this.  If you're running a single LIVE555
> event loop (i.e., in just one thread), as you should, then RTSP

doEventLoop() is used to wait for both RTSP responses and incoming RTP
packets. So there is a bug where for example you issue a seek request,
and while waiting for the PAUSE response a packet is received, which
causes the module to think that the PAUSE response came back with an
error; then if another RTSP request is sent right away, the original
PAUSE response while be processed as the response to the second request.
And so on.

> >  What makes doEventLoop() return?
>
> It will return if (and only if) its 'watch variable' parameter (if
> present) gets set to a non-zero value (perhaps by a separate thread).

Okay, I can fix the problem.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."