[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] xcb: support for WM_DELETE_WINDOW(WM_PROTOCOLS)

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 29 11:16:46 CET 2011

Yes, as the default window provider, it ends up being used in very
different situations, and therefore it's not obvious to provide  a
generic  "close feature" that suits all needs.

For the time being, do you suggest a full revert of these patches (Linux
and Windows)  or trying to find a better tradeoff ?

Actually, the missing brick is the ability for a vout_window_t object to
pass information back to the vout_display_t object, since a
vout_display_SendEventClose is already available. (Though it also ends
up in a playlist_Stop with a FIXME ..., problem is passed and what to do
remains unclear)

Regards