[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_add_option

Max Göttner - d.stream max.goettner at dstream.de
Wed Jul 6 15:18:00 CEST 2011

Hello,

I would like to test adding a filter to my stream-output chain, but I
neither know where to put it nor the correct syntax.
What I do is:

libvlc_media_add_option(m, ":sout=#transcode{acodec=none}:std{mux=avi,
access=file, rtsp-caching=100, dst="bla.avi"})

Now where comes in the filter command? Should I add a new option?

I think the documentation of libvlc_media_add_option should be improved,
since now it is said only something like 'get the available options from vlc
--long help'. Since libvlc_media_add_option works different than vlc
-options... it's very much trial-and-error style.

Thanks,
Max.