[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.11 coming

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 9 01:12:46 CEST 2011

Am Freitag, den 08.07.2011, 20:41 +0300 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
> 	Hello,
>
> Due to needed critical fixes, I expect VLC version 1.1.11 to be released
> really soon. If you have pending patches or translations, please hurry up and
> submit them to the vlc-devel or translators mailing list as appropriate.
>
> And if you package VLC binaries, get ready...

I tried the latest checkout of VLC in conjunction with the Debian
packaging without the Debian patches.

lintian found some typos (patch attached).

Three symlinks break and I don't know why (see lintian output below). I
don't know if it is a problem introduces by VLC or a problem with a
packaging tool. It's too late to investigate further today.

$ lintian ../vlc_1.1.11-1_amd64.changes
X: libvlccore4: package-contains-broken-symlink
usr/share/bug/libvlccore4 vlc-data
X: vlc-data: package-contains-broken-symlink
usr/share/vlc/skins2/fonts/FreeSans.ttf ../../../fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSans.ttf
X: vlc-data: package-contains-broken-symlink
usr/share/vlc/skins2/fonts/FreeSansBold.ttf ../../../fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeMonoBold.ttf

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer