[vlc-devel] VLC ActiveX plugin, window mode

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Sat Jul 16 02:59:47 CEST 2011

Arno
I need to do this at some stage also. I tried a while ago using the
inbuilt overlay somewhere within the plugin that is intended for putting
logos and alike over the video with a little success, but that would not
properly colour match the surrounding html colours. I think that it was
to do with it using the hardware acceleration to draw it, but this may
work for you if colour match doesn't matter too much.
But...have you tried setting the no-overlay option when initialising the
vlc so that the video is not using hardware acceleration & just see if
it makes a difference. You may need to Google to find the details for
each.