[vlc-devel] How to change vlc stream packet length

Fred Matthews fredmm at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 17:20:18 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I want to modify the length of the video packet VLC limits when
streaming via UDP/RTP etc. The current length VLC seems to use is 1324
bytes via UDP and 1336 bytes via RTP (at application layer exc. any
headers from lower layers), discovered via packet capturing.Thus is
there any way to change this value.

Also how can I display the packet loss at RTP-level, and is it
possible to timestamp the verbose log (-vvv) as I want to know the
interval between particular errors detected while streaming.

Thank you very much