[vlc-devel] Preferences search

Yuval Tze yuvaltze at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:17:32 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I thought it could be nice to have an incremental search in the preferences
I added an edit box above the advanced tree that filters its items as you type
It search in the following places
- tree items name
- pages header and help (the first two labels on each page)
- controls "main" label (which is taken from the module config items' text)

It doesn't search further in more complex controls, such as inside a combobox options or in a module list control, but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement if it's needed..

To avoid leaving the tree all messy, when the filter is cleared all the tree items are collapsed except the selected one.

I also included an alternative clear image I've made (for a custom search edit control I wrote before I realized there is already one :-/ silly..), it's in the last patch and could be ignored..

Any comments will be much appreciated!

thanks.