[vlc-devel] Hi guys, Does anyone know there are some plugins can make VLC backend with gstreamer?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jun 2 21:59:54 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 2 juin 2011 06:18:40 W W, vous avez écrit :
> Hi Guys
>
> I want to find a media player application which use Phonon and gstreamer.
> I know VLC is a good media player.But some one told me that it doesn't use
> gstreamer.

What do you mean by good? Do you mean it plays better than other players and
which ones? VLC has its own media streaming engine which is probably why it
feels better to you than if it were using gstreamer.

So it seems your request is a bit self-contradictory.

> There is any way to make it use gstreamer?

If you really wanted to do that, you'd have to write a massive multipurpose
VLC plugin to use the gstreamer. If at all possible. This is probably several
man-years worth of effort for dubious benefit.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis