[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Revert "Add Dirac encoding support to VLC using the Schroedinger library."

Anuradha Suraparaju asuraparaju at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:36:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday, June 7, 2011, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:09:39 +1000, Anuradha Suraparaju
> <asuraparaju at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can someone explains what this comment means? I am not sure why the
> dirac
>> encoding support using Schroedinger was removed.
>
> Hand-crafted code in the plugin description function is not allowed. We
> have already been through this discussion several times including at the
> last meeting, and I am not reopening it yet again.

I am sorry but I am not aware of what has been discussed. Can I find
the discussion in the vlc-devel archives?

I am the developer who submitted the patch and I would like to correct
it so that dirac encoding using Schroedinger is available again in vic
since Schroedinger is a better, faster and more complete
implementation of dirac.

Regards,

Anuradha