[vlc-devel] Crystal HD for 1080i MPEG2 and closed captions on low-end system

Patrick Jackson pejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 23:01:31 CEST 2011

Thank you for the prompt response.

Doing some more testing with the software-only (i.e. no Crystal HD card) method, it seems that the closed-caption blending is really taxing the CPU. The way the letters are all blended to block the least amount of picture is very nice, but is there a setting that would make this easier on the CPU (like a black-barred background)?