[vlc-devel] Problems with VOD

Vandhanaa Lakshminarayanan vandhanaa91 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:32:21 CEST 2011

Hi

I am a year 2 student interning in a company which is interested in using
VLC to do VOD across the internet. I was basically able to stream it over
the intranet and also when both the server and the client have a public IP.
I understand that is because the RTP packets from the server are sent as UDP
and there is a problem with the communication. I saw some previous threads
about the same and was wondering what are the difficulties in this. I mean
the threads i saw went back to 2007 and there has still not been much
improvement in this area. So in the case that i am involved in incorporating
this feature, what hurdles should i expect?

Also when i tried streaming from live555streamingmedia i was not able to
receive the TCP packets in v1.1.9 but was able to receive in v1.0.0. Why was
this feature removed??

Thanks in advance,
VD