[vlc-devel] Output level clamping filter

Paul Corke Paul.Corke at datatote.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 17:33:26 CEST 2011

My vlc output is mixed with another video source by an
external chroma-key device.  If the file played back
by vlc has [near] black in it then it gets mixed when
I don't want it to be!

What I want to do is something like "if (y < 10) y = 10".
I don't want to change the brightness / contrast on the
whole picture (so "Image Properties" doesn't work for me).

I can write a vout filter to do this, but just wondered
if anyone knows of an existing way to do this?  I can't
find anything in the documentation or -H.

TIA,

Paul.