[vlc-devel] DASH access plugin

Sourabh Pandit sourabhshyampandit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:03:34 CEST 2011

Christopher Müller <christopher.mueller <at> itec.uni-klu.ac.at> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> During our research work we have developed a VLC Plugin that supports DASH
(Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP). DASH is an international standard that
is currently under development by MPEG. A first public version of the standard
is available via MPEG: http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/working_documents.htm#MPEG-B

> Due to some requests on the MPEG-DASH mailing-list we (Christian Timmerer and
Christopher Mueller) made our DASH implementation as VLC plugin
available: http://www-itec.uni-klu.ac.at/dash/
> The plugin and test content (ISO Base Media File Format segments and sample
MPDs) are located at this page. If you have any questions, please contact us
through this list or directly.

> Please check the documentation (for caveats and obstructions) and, of course,
please feel free to extend and improve it (e.g., in terms of the actual
adaptation logic).