[vlc-devel] LUA HTTP interface - json?

Rob rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Wed Jun 15 20:22:03 CEST 2011

while we're on the subject of the Http interface, is anyone wedded to the
use of xml for the return info?

I was thinking that I might add status.json and playlist.json as an
additional way of getting info (keeping status.xml for backwards
compatibility).

That would obviously return data in json format. Using the json in the web
interface should simplify things a bit too. No need to do the whole node
dance to get info out of the response...

thoughts?

Rob