[vlc-devel] [REVIEW REQUEST] vlc: new contrib build system

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 27 20:33:39 CEST 2011

Le lundi 27 juin 2011 21:23:26 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> >  * always building from source tarball:
> >    - easier GPL compliance
> >    - easier offline/firewalled builds
>
> Meaning: we need to do tarballs of people who don't do tarballs?

In case the package comes from a VCS, the build rules will create a tarball
out of the VCS export. Then the tarball is unpacked and compiled as "normal".

This is slightly slower, but far simpler w.r.t. publishing the source and
compiling offline.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis