[vlc-devel] VLC for Android Volunteer

Garret Kelly garret.kelly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:07:38 CEST 2011

>> Have you already managed to compile VLC for Android?
> Since I'm not sure you know, the source is available here:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-android.git;a=summary
> You can find instructions in extras/package/android/HOWTO

I had found the AndroidCompile wiki page and followed the instructions
there. One of the steps was out of date, so I updated the wiki page.
I've got a build that seems to work nicely on my Nexus One. A quick
test on my Xoom crashed it with an illegal instruction (I expected it,
given that I built with NEON support enabled, which the Tegra 2 in the
Xoom lacks).

Is there any plan to do runtime selection of the correct library, or
is the distribution plan to offer multiple APKs?

Garret