[vlc-devel] VLC for Android Volunteer

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:27:46 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Garret Kelly <garret.kelly at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I don't know about mergeml stuff, but there are two things i have in mind
> :
> > - we lack a neon optimized i420->rgb converter (i started to read some
> docs
> > about neon/arm, but didn't have time to try yet).
>
> That sounds great, I'll give it a go. Is there a set of test files
> somewhere that contain the different formats?

Take a look here :
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-android.git;a=tree;f=modules/arm_neon;
I wrote i420_rgb.c as a start. it's plain c, not optimized at all and even
the algo might be wrong, but it works.

> > - find a way to make omxil work on android if it's even possible (since
> > omxil = OpenMax IL => hardware decoding)
>
> This seems like a much bigger and more complicated endeavour, perhaps
> a little too large to cut my teeth on.

there's already an omxil module in vlc, it works on maemo, but it crash on
android when i tried to enable it, and i have no idea why :p.