[vlc-devel] mingw-msys building 1.2.0

Garry Keltie garry.keltie at rmit.edu.au
Thu Mar 3 13:32:50 CET 2011

Further to my post this morning,

I still don't understand the autotools but I notice that by commenting
out (configure.ac 4419-4431) the AM_COND_IF statements for the
installers the error goes away and the bootstrap can continue.

Perhaps a 'configure' guru can shed some light on why?

As I am building on a win32 platform I added the installer entries to
the AC_CONFIG_FILES list above it.

The configure step with configure-msys.sh seems to go ok.

Make however... after a git update, went all the way :)

My next step is usually to build what was 'package-win32-base' as I want
a simple portable (no installers) directory structure to test with but I
see the make targets are a bit different between 1.1.7 and 1.2.0.

I have a few issues now with plugin configuration (npapi-vlc) and git
being called from the makefile (firewall issues make the default address
unreachable and if git is a prerequisite, should it be discovered by
configure?). Actually thought git was installed for msys, obviously not
in the path.

Will try again later.

Cheers

--