[vlc-devel] Preparing for change (2)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 15 18:22:27 CET 2011

	Hello,

Just a quick update on that topic...

At this point, it seems almost certain that my current job will be terminated.
This really is a personal issue and you need not be concerned with it.
Nevertheless, this will affect my involvement with the VideoLAN project.
Depending on what my next position will be, this likely means that I will have
less time (or no time at all) to dedicate to the project.

If you need more infos, please contact me privately. I thought it worth to
spam the mailing list, given that I have been much involved in the last years.

As for Qt, I would like to emphasize that Nokia only outsourced the commercial
licensing and support, not the further development and open-source activities.
It might be hard to believe in the circumstances, but I do believe that Nokia
will continue to support Qt for the time being. So I think it would be unwise
to look for alternatives at this point.

Sorry for the bother, best regards,

http://www.remlab.info/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis