[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] DTV: work-in-progress Linux DVBv5 input

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 20 11:42:49 CET 2011

Le dimanche 20 mars 2011 12:30:54 Rémi Denis-Courmont, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Sun Mar 20
> 12:27:21 2011 +0200| [d0a36c30f0c834f3b1eebd0aa1e7be107d6dfd5e] |
> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>
> DTV: work-in-progress Linux DVBv5 input
>
> This is incomplete and hence not automatically compiled. Conditional
> Access, DVB-S and scanning are missing. DVB-T and ATSC are not tested.
> DVB-C works.
>
> It is not clear to me what the problem is, but it seems VLC does not
> like the Linux DVB kernel demux. Only budget mode seems to work
> correctly at the moment.

On the bright side:

It would be easy to add DVB-S2, which is impossible with the DVBv3 API in the
current plugin. DVB-T2 is coming soon to the kernel as well. In theory, ISDBT
an DAB are also supported.

If the frequency is not specified, VLC will just read the currently tuned
transponder. This enables more than one process (or more than one VLC input)
to read the same transponder from the same tuner, on condition that exactly
one of them drives the frontend. This was not possible earlier. I just don't
understand why this is not working correctly except in budget mode.

http://www.remlab.info/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis