[vlc-devel] CrystalHD: Deinterlacing support

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Thu Mar 24 01:54:46 CET 2011

On Mar 23, 2011, at 19:51 , R.M. wrote:

> or use graphics card to deinterlacing
>
> but i don't know is every graphics cards and drivers support it

This is not CrystalHD-specific, but in general there are many that don't, including all Intel chips (common in Macs from a few years back, and in netbooks), and probably many older ATI/NVidia cards.

I don't know if the new ones have support - I'd need someone else to fill in on that :)

Also, if it's done in driver software (and not a hardware feature triggered by the driver), unless the manufacturer makes their own Linux drivers, it's unlikely to be supported in all operating systems.

 -J