[vlc-devel] [GSoC] Idea - Youtube Channels SD

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at videolan.org
Wed Mar 30 14:18:25 CEST 2011

> > Do you think this is an appropriate idea?
>
> I am not sure about the legality of (shipping/using) such code.
> I am also not sure it would be enough work for a GSoC.
I'm more wondering about the amount of work require to create and SD
plugin for youtube. In fact I remeber that youtube doesn't really care
about the fact that we provide an SD to browse their content.

Anyway, creating an SD plugin for youtube is nice but that's not enough
to justify a GSoC. Providing some SD and not only one is a better idea
(but you have to define which ones).

--
Rémi Duraffort | ivoire
http://ivoire.dinauz.org/blog/