[vlc-devel] Youtube and LUA

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 18:19:01 CEST 2011

Hi Pavlov,

Many thanks I will do the update.

-Tony

----- Original Message ----
From: Konstantin Pavlov <thresh at videolan.org>
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Sent: Thu, March 31, 2011 10:06:43 AM
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Youtube and LUA

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:58:23AM -0700, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone noticed in the last week that youtube with vlc 1.1.6 no longer
>plays?
>
> I tried downloading vlc 1.1.8 but it would not install said I had to be
> administrator even though I own the Win 7. I will try tonight with XP and 1.1.8
>
> to see if it plays youtube videos. I am thinking youtube might have changed
>it's
>
> javascript again breaking the lua scripts for VLC for youtube.

Indeed they changed the webpage a bit yet again, see
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-1.1.git;a=commit;h=d938db4c6a3b435736df19f1364b2d2cf1ce0907

Unfortunately the change happened a day after 1.1.8 release, so you have
to replace the youtuve lua parser manually in your installation.

--
Konstantin Pavlov
VideoLAN team