[vlc-devel] Support for RTSP's Destination Parameter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 1 16:59:03 CEST 2011

   Hello,

I don't understand what this has to do with [replacing] time and format
variables in scene-prefix... ??

On Sunday 01 May 2011, Zelalem Sintayehu wrote:
> Hi I am trying to develop a streaming server that can be controlled by a
> media controller and the server should deliver the stream to another
> destination (Client). The RTSP commands are communicated between the
> controller and the Streaming server and the media is sent to the client
> directly. The RTSP rfc specifies a "destination" parameter to be used with
> the SETUP command for this purpose. I have found that VLC streaming server
> don't support this and I am wondering whether libvlc supports this
> parameter. Could anyone please advice me how I can use VLC to achieve this
> behavior?

The VLC RTSP server rejects the destination parameter to avoid trivial denial
of service attacks, as documented in the RTSP/1.0 RFC. It would not be difficult
to implement but it is so insecure by design...

http://www.remlab.info