[vlc-devel] Save, auto-save, no save...

David B. LeGendre dblegend at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:59:44 CEST 2011

I know this is a couple of days late but what about autosaving everything as
suggested with some sort of "last known good configuration" setup to keep
users from permanently breaking an install?  The only real difficulty then
would be determining what, exactly, constitutes a "good configuration".  One
idea for that might be to track X # of changes (deltas) that are made via
configuration autosave and then provide a failsafe (basic configuration)
mode that lets you back off the deltas out one by one until everything works
again?

Dave