[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer dev doc

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Sat May 7 17:50:33 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 04:00 AM, Guy Perkins wrote:
> (I was only looking to see if documentation for command line entry for
> deinterlace type was covered somewhere.)

Now it is, in the user doc:

http://wiki.videolan.org/Deinterlacing

I added a note suggesting "vlc -p deinterlace --advanced" to get a
description of available options.

I didn't list the specific options in the doc, as they might change. In
1.2-git, they are:

---8<---8<---8<---

--sout-deinterlace-mode
{discard,blend,mean,bob,linear,x,yadif,yadif2x,phosphor,ivtc}
Streaming deinterlace
mode

--sout-deinterlace-phosphor-chroma {1 (Latest), 2 (AltLine), 3 (Blend),
4 (Upconvert)}
Phosphor chroma mode for 4:2:0
input

--sout-deinterlace-phosphor-dimmer {1 (Off), 2 (Low), 3 (Medium), 4
(High)}
Phosphor old field dimmer strength

Note that the sout prefix is for historical reasons; these are intended
for controlling normal playback behaviour.

This was helpful (thanks Kaarlo for the link):

http://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help

 -J