[vlc-devel] OSD fonts without fontconfig

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:10:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I see in current git that fontconfig is disabled by default.
Now (on Linux) whatever font is select in Qt preferences, it won't get
loaded (freetype error: "failed to load font file %s...").
I see the font file is simply equated to font family, as HAVE_STYLES is not
defined, and thus fails to load. If I change code to force full path to a
specific font file on my system, it works.

I also see comments on bug tracker suggesting that fontconfig is not used
from 1.2 on, so I was wondering if my issue is indeed a bug and if a fix is
planned?

Cheers,
Jakob