[vlc-devel] OSD fonts without fontconfig

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun May 8 12:47:41 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 12:44:38PM +0200, Jakob Leben wrote :
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 02:05:07AM +0200, Jakob Leben wrote :
> > > See your own comment here: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/4401
> >
> > Platform(s):    Win32
> >

> Then why is fontconfig disabled by default on Linux?

It is not.

  [  --enable-fontconfig     fontconfig support (default enabled)])

  if test "${SYS}" != "mingw32"; then
      if test "${enable_fontconfig}" != "no"; then
             AC_CHECK_HEADERS(fontconfig/fontconfig.h,
                 [VLC_ADD_CPPFLAGS([freetype],[-DHAVE_FONTCONFIG])
                  VLC_ADD_LIBS([freetype],[-lfontconfig])])

> Anyway, I was not talking about the bug in that ticket (it is not that bug
> that I am experiencing). I was just referring to that comment in the context
> of the question why fontconfig is disabled by default and if VLC is intended
> to work smoothly in such case or not (even on Linux).

It is NOT disabled by default.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf