[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove endianess and type sizes from plugin name

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 9 19:55:07 CEST 2011

Le lundi 9 mai 2011 20:48:54 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> On May 9, 2011, at 7:43 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le lundi 9 mai 2011 20:37:16 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> >> it is absolutely necessary to
> >> keep the arch's name in the plugin cache's name, at least in a #ifdef
> >> __APPLE__ or something.
> >
> > We NEVER had the architecture name in the plugin cache name to begin
> > with.
>
> Ehm, correct. Doesn't change the fact that I can't have different plugin
> caches in the same directory anymore, which is a no-go for so-called
> Universal Binaries.

You never could do that. Generating the plugins cache at build-time was never
supported until today. And now, this new possibility remains limited to native
builds and probably dysfunctional due to paths issues. You cannot build fat
binaries natively, so that is not an option for you, and never was.

You are totally making this claimed regression up.

http://www.remlab.info/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis