[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove endianess and type sizes from plugin name

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue May 10 09:28:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:50:58AM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> So the plugins cache cannot be generated at build-time and never could.
>
> Appending the host CPU architecture to the file name will not fix the
> problem.

You are probably right.

Still, shouldn't we allow 2 different caches names for when a user runs
VLC-x86 and then VLC-x64 from the same Application package (and recreate
the cache at runtime on the first time this arch is run) so, that the next
time it is run in one architecture, the cache is already done?
Or did I misunderstood everything?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf