[vlc-devel] Where to discuss LibVLC design

Antonin Delpeuch antonin at delpeuch.eu
Fri May 13 21:19:44 CEST 2011

On 12/05/2011 12:58, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>    Hello,
>
> At first, it seemed obvious to me that vlc-devel was the right place to
> discuss LibVLC development. And it probably should be. But on second
> thought, it seems not many interested parties are actually following the
> discussions here. Or are they?

That's exactly what I think when I open my mailbox. I might not be the
only one who subscribed to this list without being involved in the
project and who just need informations about how to hack around it.

> I also considered the web forum, but it is full with newbies asking basic
> questions. That is not the set of LibVLC users that are likely to provide
> much insights into design discussions either. Is there NO place gathering
> VLC developers, LibVLC bindings developers and key/advanced LibVLC users
> then??

This mailing list is very active and it's quite difficult for someone
who is not working in the deeps of the project to watch it. The solution
could be to create a parallel mailing list. But some users may also
think that a forum is more convenient than a mailing list.