[vlc-devel] [GSoC] Complex text layout for ASS/SSA rendering

Grigori Goronzy greg at chown.ath.cx
Tue May 24 11:14:00 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

let me join in on the GSoC introductions. My name is Grigori and I'm
from Lübeck, Germany. I'll be working on improving the libass subtitle
rendering engine to support complex text layout via OpenType, to make
proper rendering of Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, etc. possible. Additionally
some crazy awesome rendering features [1] will be available.

I have a development blog/diary [2], which I'll try to keep updated as
much as possible over GSoC. Unfortunately, it's still rather empty at
the moment.

I hope GSoC will be an interesting and fun experience!

Best Regards
Grigori

[1] http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/11/firefox-4-font-feature-support/
[2] http://asssa.blogspot.com/