[vlc-devel] Soc2011 - VLC Android Port

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:06:35 CEST 2011

hi,

It's a mistake in the current version to let libvlc alive in an activity
when vlc is in background. while an activity is in the background, android
can decide to kill it at any moment (by design, the os can claim anything in
the background). An activity must be able to save its state and restore it
when switching apps.

You are right, if vlc must be able to work in the background, we need a
service, and the activity will just be the GUI.