[vlc-devel] SoC 2011 - Reworked Mac OS X user interface

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Tue May 24 16:17:13 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

for those who don't know me, I'm a med student (3rd year) from Göttingen, Germany.

As part of this year's SoC, I'll be reworking the existing Mac OS X interface. The UI design will be based upon drafts by Damien Erambert [1], while also badly needed cleanup will need to be done.

Additionally, I'm in the process of adding missing features from the Qt4 interface. As a start, audio effects and track synchronization was added. Next will be Video Effects and the media conversation templates.

During the summer, I'll be working hand in hand with Mike Houben.

Best regards,

Felix Kühne

[1] preliminary mockups: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14924522/1/gsoc-redesign?h=d702d6