[vlc-devel] dvb: one demux per tuner or one demux per demod?

Steve Kerrison steve at stevekerrison.com
Tue May 24 14:05:34 CEST 2011

Hi Rémi,

The cxd2820r supports DVB-T/T2 and also DVB-C. As such antti coded up a
multiple front end (MFE) implementation for em28xx then attaches the
cxd2820r in both modes.

I believe you can only use one frontend at once per adapter (this is
certainly enforced in the cxd2820r module), so I don't see how it would
cause a problem for mappings. I think a dual tuner device would register
itself as two adapters, wouldn't it?

But I'm new at this, so forgive me if I've overlooked something or
misunderstood the issue you've raised.

Regards,
--
Steve Kerrison MEng Hons.