[vlc-devel] lua in Mac OS X

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 10:51:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Kim Geunhyung <kim.geunhyung at gmail.com> wrote:

> the name of the subfolders in extras/contrib/hosts is "i686-apple-darwin10"
> I configured like "./configure --enable-debug --build=x86_64-apple-darwin10"

This is what I expected from your configure failure. You are trying to
use the 32bit contribs within a 64bit build of VLC, which cannot work.
So either "make clean" and run "./bootstrap x86_64-apple-darwin9" in
extras/contrib to the get 64bit contribs or remove the --build flag
from your configure line.

Note that since you are using Mac OS X 10.5, always use "darwin9"
within these arguments, as Darwin 10 references Mac OS X 10.6, which
is a bit different with regard to VLC's compilation.

Best regards,

Felix