[vlc-devel] codec/encoding settings request

Mustafa Kuscu mustafakuscu at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:34:13 CEST 2011

2011/5/25 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

> There are regularly reports of problems synching live-captured audio and
> video, either with DirectShow or V4L2+ALSA. I'm not aware of anyone having
> debugged the problem(s) though.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> http://www.remlab.net/
> http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis

With some support, we can do some sort of debugging. I have started doing my
homework: enabled the debug logs ... Then read through the full vlc help
file and some wiki/blogs and tried to get some clue on synchronization.

By common sense, came up with these additional options:

--sout-transcode-threads=2 --netsync-master --cr-average=10000
--clock-jitter=5 --network-synchronisation --sout-udp-group=5

Any suggestions??

Does the network sync help for this purpose? If yes, are my default VLC
clients network-sync enabled by default?

(By the way, could not set up mp4v+mp4a  muxing using vlc 1.1.9. Complains
about mp4a plugin. That's a separate issue anyway.)

--

Mustafa