[vlc-devel] [VLC] #5491: Regression: text_render broken on Mac OS X

Naohiro KORIYAMA nkoriyama at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:56:23 CET 2011

2011/11/3 Naohiro KORIYAMA <nkoriyama at gmail.com>:
>> 2011/11/3 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>:
>>> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 12:14:29AM +0900, Naohiro KORIYAMA wrote :
>>>
>>> Why do you need to add the dirs in FontConfig_Select too?
>>
>> Because,  at FontConfig_Select, config does not contains the dirs.
>> If I comment out this part, cannot find the font under /Library/Fonts or so.
>
> If I use the FcConfigSetCurrent() at FontConfig_BuildCache, I don't
> need this part.
> Do you think which is better, set path twice, or set default?

I misunderstood the function FtConfigAppFontAddDir().
The function does not add the font path to the configuration, but
scans the specified directory for fonts, adding each one found to the
application-specific set of fonts.
So, I think I should not run it several time.

Best regards,

--
KORIYAMA, Naohiro
nkoriyama at gmail.com