[vlc-devel] [VLC] #5491: Regression: text_render broken on Mac OS X

Naohiro KORIYAMA nkoriyama at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:41:28 CET 2011

2011/11/8 Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:56:23AM +0900, Naohiro KORIYAMA wrote :
>> I misunderstood the function FtConfigAppFontAddDir().
>> The function does not add the font path to the configuration, but
>> scans the specified directory for fonts, adding each one found to the
>> application-specific set of fonts.
>> So, I think I should not run it several time.
>
> In a second run, is it fast?

Yes, it's fast.

BTW after I apply the patch, I am a little worried that a dialog with
progress bar shows in a moment whenever I play the videos.

I am of two minds about which to choose, using funciotn
FtConfigAppFontAddDir() or using environment value FONTCONFIG_PATH.
I attached a patch using environment value FONTCONFIG_PATH to the ticket #5491.
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/attachment/ticket/5491/0001-Set-environment-FONTCONFIG_PATH-if-not-set-and-creat.patch

--
KORIYAMA, Naohiro
nkoriyama at gmail.com