[vlc-devel] Project of generation libvlc.lib compatible with MS Visual Studio.

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:28:14 CET 2011

What I have been doing for quite a while now that is probably the
simpliest way to get a VisualStudio compatible .lib:

Copy the file from the VLC source distribution \src\libvlc.sym to a
directory of your choice.

Add a line at the top of the copied file with the single word EXPORTS.

Start a Visual Studio command prompt from the visual studio tools
program menu. Navigate the directory where you copied the libvlc.sym
file and issue the command:

lib /DEF:libvlc.sym

This will create the libvlc.lib needed to link with the libvlc.dll.

Jacques Boileau