[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] ActiveX, NpApi: DVD Menu control for VIDEO_TS

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 11 18:03:26 CET 2011

Le vendredi 11 novembre 2011 18:45:14 Sergey Radionov, vous avez écrit :
> As I know, fullscreen mode was in libvlc core,

There never was fullscreen mode in (Lib)VLC core, for there never was
platform-specific window management in the core.

There were, and there still are functions to control fullscreen mode in
LibVLC. But they just defer to the platform-specific plug-ins, like they
always did.

> but was removed by some reason (when vlc 1.1 come),
> I really don't know why. And will be glad to
> hear that reason...

Windowing was split from the video output plug-ins to dedicated window
management plug-ins, including fullscreen mode management.

In embedded mode (drawable on Win32, xcb_window on X11), fullscreen mode
cannot be provided since it breaks embedding. So LibVLC fullscreen function
have no effects while embedding is in use. This limitation is unavoidable
without breaking things and is clearly documented in Doxygen.

> > Pardon my lack of a clue but... does all that fullscreen mode stuff
> > not belongin the drawable plug-in where all LibVLC apps can enjoy
> > it, rather than in the browser bindings?

I answered myself above. Fullscreen mode cannot be managed by (Lib)VLC while
the video is embedded, including in a web browser.

However, this commit is about DVD menu. I guess it really is about input
events. And for that, my question remains.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis