[vlc-devel] Picture freeze bug in libvlc.

Sergey Radionov rsatom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:12:30 CET 2011

Yesterday I try test ActiveX from npapi-vlc.git against vlc 1.2 and have found problem:
sometimes (50%/50%) video file playing hangs and picture freeze.

I try debug and found that problem is somewhere in
*src/input/decoder.c:1509* *DecoderDecodeVideo*
or descendant functions.

I add msg_Dbg("DecoderDecodeVideo start") to begining of function
and msg_Dbg("DecoderDecodeVideo end") to end of function/
and after some moment "start" arrive, but "end" not arrive, and video output freeze...

In addition, it looks like decoder thread (only thread, not application) crashed.
But I have not see any exceptions or something similar..

I don't understand how it can be... so need help/advise how catch sourse of problem.

--
With best wishes,
Sergey Radionov