[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Contribs: fix xz for OSX

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 15 17:20:14 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 novembre 2011 17:33:14 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Tue Nov 15
> 15:04:56 2011 +0100| [2ce437a18f45f742aea39fc8d2da83a7574b1ae2] |
> committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
>
> Contribs: fix xz for OSX

Generally, piping in Makefiles is a bad idea. Given how shell scripting works,
make gets the exit code of only the last process in the pipeline, in this case
the compression tool. If another process in the pipeline fails, the error is
ignored. Then xz generates an incomplete output file and the build fails non-
recoverably.

I have not found any easy fix, though I admit I have barely looked for one.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis